CIELO Project Mission and Vision
We commit ourselves to be a vibrant, inter-cultural center for the Latino and wider community where all individuals are allies and resources for each other.
CIELO, Integral Latino Educational Center of Olympia, promotes community, self-sufficiency and leadership of Latinos and other underserved people in the South Puget Sound Area with educational and mental health services, and social and cultural activities.
to provide opportunities for people to acquire skills and resources to actively participate in the wider community and to realize their full potential.
to be a space that welcomes the expression and celebration of cultures and traditions and builds astrong multi-generational community with respect and dignity.
to strengthen and create relationships between immigrants and their allies who are working together for social justice.
PURPOSES of CIELO Project
* Promote Cultural awareness and pride in the Latino heritage through educational and recreational activities.
* Strengthen Latino families and individuals by providing opportunities to gain needed skills and information.
* Link the Latino community with government and community-based groups that provide needed services.
* Decrease the existing isolation of Latinos by implementing programs that build a strong sense of community.
* Enhance self-esteem and competence in all youth.
* Be a model of an integrated community working toward the good of all its members.
* Honor the integrity and diversity of all people through our actions.
* Create programs that empower families and individuals by providing a space for experiential opportunities for social, emotional and spiritual development and practice.
* Facilitate access to education and health care for families and individuals through information, referral and cross-cultural education and anti-oppression training.